Detailed warranty terms
JPR AQUA Sp. z o.o.
ul. Chopina 21, 43-170 Łaziska Górne
Recipient of goods, products (Customer)
CHAPTER I – GENERAL PROVISIONS
- JPR AQUA, as a manufacturer, declares that the products delivered to the buyer are free from any physical defects and meet the conditions imposed by dedicated legal regulations (in particular European standards).
- JPR AQUA is not responsible for the selection of individual products for the Investment Project. Professional advice provided by the company’s employees is of suggestive nature only.
- The warranty is valid on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
CHAPTER II – LIABILITY OF THE WARRANTOR
- The warranty covers only defects of JPR AQUA plastic products manufactured in rotational moulding technology, which will be reported after the date of delivery / receipt of the product, until the warranty period expires.
- The warranty covers only defects and damage resulting from causes inherent in the product, which prevent the product from being used in accordance with its intended purpose as defined in the technical and user documentation issued for each product.
- The warranty does not cover any claims other than those mentioned above in sections 1 and 2 of this chapter (in particular, claims for compensation for costs related to disassembly and reinstallation of the product).
- The warranty does not apply if:
– the Investor/Installer (buyer) does not comply with the guidelines contained in the technical and operating documentation supplied with each each device, in particular regarding the installation of the device, as well as the maintenance and operation rules provided by the manufacturer,
– the Investor/Installer (buyer) arbitrarily, without the manufacturer’s knowledge, makes technical/technological changes to the device,
– the device is used for purposes other than those indicated by the manufacturer in the documentation attached to each product,
– the product was inappropriately selected in relation to the requirements and conditions prevailing on the investment site (in particular, the flows of the devices are too low to meet the demand),
– natural forces (atmospheric and geological) beyond the manufacturer’s control have been identified,
– mechanical damage caused by the Customer or third parties has been identified (NOTE! The following, in particular, are not allowed: rolling or dragging devices on the ground, throwing devices from the load box or from the edge of the excavation to its bottom, setting them in an excavation that has not been prepared, e.g. containing elements that may damage the device, placing products in special conditions without additional protection as mentioned in the documentation attached to each device, placing precast concrete elements directly above the devices),
– the Investor/Installer (buyer) did not make photo documentation of the disappearing works,
– the Investor/Installer (buyer) does not have documentation of service inspections.
CHAPTER III – WARRANTY PERIOD
- The manufacturer provides a warranty for the period specified in the technical and operational documentation (the section on general warranty conditions) attached to the device. The warranty period is usually 10 years counting from the date of sale of products to the buyer / customer.
- For products for which the manufacturer does not issue the technical and operating documentation (other devices, accessories) the warranty period is 12 months from the date of sale of the products to the buyer/customer.
CHAPTER IV – COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
- Defect(s) in products must be reported directly to the manufacturer in writing by post (address: UL. Ul. Chopina 21, 43-170 Łaziska Górne) or by email (address: firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately after noticing the defect(s), but no later than within 5 working days of noticing the defect(s).
- The Manufacturer’s response time to a correctly submitted complaint is 10 working days from the date of receipt of the claim by the Manufacturer. The total time for considering the complaint and issuing the complaint protocol is up to 30 working days (with the possibility to extent in cases that are beyond the warrantor’s control). The maximum time for repair/replacement of defective products is 20 working days from the date of acceptance of the complaint.
- Failure to describe the defect in detail, the circumstances in which it arose, failure to present the warranty card and failure to provide additional information required by the manufacturer in the complaint procedure regarding the defect(s) and the device itself may result in delays in considering the complaint due to lack of appropriate data necessary to identify the product.
- The manufacturer reserves the right as a warrantor to assess and qualify the defects claimed.
- The Buyer is obliged to protect the product in which the defect(s) has been detected until the visual inspection and necessary tests to be carried out by the warrantor. The warrantor may carry out the inspection and tests within 20 working days from the date of receiving the complaint – the parties should agree on a convenient date. The Buyer shall allow the warrantor to carry out the inspection and tests, otherwise the Buyer shall be deemed to have waived the complaint.
- An authorised representative of the manufacturer shall decide whether it is possible to repair the defective product at the investment site. The defect should be rectified within 14 business days of the date the warranty complaint is accepted by the manufacturer. This period may be extended depending on the size of the complaint batch. In the event of damage which has not been caused by the fault of the manufacturer or in the event of unjustified complaint, operations such as travel, local vision, repair of the equipment shall be chargeable.
CHAPTER V – FINAL PROVISIONS
- The warranty may be exercised subject to full payment for the product in accordance with the terms of business agreed between the parties.
- In case of any disputes arising from this warranty, the court having jurisdiction over the warrantor shall be competent to resolve them.
- In matters not regulated by these detailed warranty conditions the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code.